BANSEA was established in 2001 by a group of Singapore-based angel investors.
BANSEA has network connections to angel groups in China, India, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as close links to groups in Europe and the US. Our members have investment experience spanning multiple sectors and a track record in building successful companies.
BANSEA organises 10–12 events in a year for our members to meet and listen to short pitches by start-ups shortlisted by our Screening Committee.
Members may or may not invest as a group. While there could be collaboration on due dilligence, members exercise autonomy in making investment decsions. Start-ups that have successfully raised seed capital through our members also benefit from their value-added mentoring. Members benefit from an informed and collaborative approach to angel investing.
BANSEA is committed to achieving five strategic objectives:
- Provide a platform for entrepreneurs to articulate their investment proposal.
- Strengthen the cohesion of the local angel community.
- Generate quality deal flows for our members through a rigorous screening process.
- Assist our members in deal syndication and limited due diligence.
- Provide training and mentoring for rookie business angels and fresh entrepreneurs.